Makes 6 naan breads.
- 330g Plain Flour
- 2/3 TSPN Baking Powder
- 1/5 TSPN Salt
- 250g Plain Yoghurt
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Add the yoghurt to make a soft pliable dough. (It's normal to seem dry in bowl)
- Knead for 8-10 mins. N.B. Adding small amounts of flour until just sticky/tacky. Form into a ball, put into clean bowl and set aside for 1h30.
- Knead again for 2-3 mins then divide into 6 balls. Fold dough into center for smooth ball with no creases, and place smooth side up onto floured board, cover in flour, and roll out to 5mm thick. N.B. Knead and cook one at a time or cover with cloth to avoid drying out.
- Take (thick based) frying pan, heat on a ring till very hot, heat up grill as well. Place Naan ball on pan, reduce heat to low, cook one side for 3 mins. After 3 mins place under hot grill until puffy and slightly brown.
- Eat hot or wrap in a cloth to keep warm.